Ingredients, Serves: 12
- 400g fresh or frozen berries
- Juice 1 lemon
- 55g caster sugar
- 1pt carton whipping cream
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- Place the berries in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar and cook until reduced by half, thickened and syrupy (about 10 minutes). Cool then strain through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks then add the condensed milk and vanilla and beat again to soft peaks.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezable container and swirl through the berry sauce. Freeze until solid (about 3-4 hours or overnight).
- To serve leave out for 5-10 minutes before serving in ice cream cones!
You can use any berries for this – try blackcurrants
That is the recipe for Berry Ripple ice cream.