Everyone loves chocolate so I decided to write you a recipe for these easy chocolate fairy cakes. It only takes 35 minuites to make 18 delicious, mouth-watering chocolate sensations!
An easy chocolate fairy cake that will cure any chocolate lover’s craving.
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 280g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350ml water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease two 12 cup muffin tins or line with 18 paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla, instant coffee and cayenne pepper. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt; stir into the mixture, alternating with the water, just until blended. Spoon the fairy cake mixture into the prepared cases, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tin set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and ice as desired.