When I was little, I always used to make these and eat them A LOT! They are a lovely dessert and they are very addictive. It is a crumbly pastry with a vanilla filling. Sounds delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 6 oz butter (salted)
- 1/2 lb self-raising flour
- 12 oz water
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 can of water
- 12 oz sugar
- 2 egg
- Vanilla essence
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 oz custard powder
Make the pastry
- Boil the water, butter and sugar.
- Turn the heat low and add the flour and stir.
- Turn the heat off and put it aside to cool
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the eggs in one at a time and beat them for one minute until they are all thoroughly beaten.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and then get 2 tea spoons and scoop the mixture into small balls and put them on the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Make the filling:
- Mix the egg an sugar in a pot.
- Then put in the evaporated milk, custard powder, water and vanilla essence into the pot and stir them al low heat until creamy.
- One the pastries are done, fill them in with the filling and leave them to cool.
And then you are done, Enjoy this scrumptious recipe! ♥