Hey, I know I haven’t been posting for quite a while, I have been really busy however, I am back and I am ready to post! Todays post is how to make chocolate sorbet. I know I have been posting a lot of recipes about chocolate but they are what I have been making quite a lot lately 😛
So here is the recipe :
200g caster sugar
50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Tip the sugar into a bowl, sift in the cocoa and stir.
- Bring 600ml water to the boil it in a saucepan. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa and turn it back to a gentle simmer. Simmer it uncovered, for 5 mins, whisking occasionally.
- Take it off from the heat and mix in the chocolate and vanilla until the chocolate has melted.
- Cool the mixture, then put in the fridge for several hrs or overnight until well chilled. Make the sorbet in an ice-cream machine or pour into a rigid plastic container, preferably bowl shaped, and freeze until frozen 3cm from the edges.
- Whisk to break down the ice crystals, then freeze again for 1 hr more. Whisk and freeze again one more time, then leave until completely frozen.
- Before serving, transfer to the fridge for 30 mins to make scooping easier.
And there you have a mouth-watering dessert for any occasion!