When ever I am bored at home I always make these cakes!
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g soft butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50ml whole milk
- 50g chocolate chips
(preheat oven: 160°)
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix in the butter and caster sugar until it is fluffy.
- In a another bowl mix the egg until smooth.
- Add the egg little by little in to the butter and sugar and stir in well until the mixture is smooth.
- Finally mix the flour mixture in to the butter, sugar and egg and stir and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- You can then put the mixture in to cup cases or you can make it on to one big cake.
- Leave to bake for about 10-15 minutes
- After baked leave the cupcakes to cool down for about 5-10 minutes
And there you go! You have got your self delicious chocolate cupcakes!
Woke up late?
Then here is your resolution:
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 ml milk
- 4 tablespoon chocolate drink powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee (or any other type of caffeine you want)
Before you start:
Cut the banana in to 4 pieces then freeze them in the freezer.
1.Put all the ingredients in to the blender then whiz
2. Pour it in to any cup you want and drink before dashing out of the house!
And there, you are done! 🙂
This is a perfect cake for parties, celebrations or for just for tea…
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Butter two 20cm sandwich tins and line with non-stick baking paper. Toast the walnut halves in the oven for 10 mins. Reserve 10 and chop the rest. Dissolve the instant coffee in 1 tbsp of boiling water, cool and add the basic cake mix instead of the milk.
- For the filling, beat the mascarpone with the light muscovado sugar and Tia Maria until smooth. Sandwich the cooled cakes with a third of the filling and the chopped walnuts.
- Cover the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the filling and decorate the top with the toasted walnut halves.
And there, your boozy coffee and walnut cake is done!
Since I love passion fruit I thought I will show you this recipe
Start your day the super healthy way
- Scoop the pulp of the passion fruits into a blender and add the banana, mango and orange juice. Purée until smooth and drink immediately, topped with ice cubes.